Games being played at the club on Wednesday 17th October 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games being played at the club on Wednesday 17th October 2012

Post  PeterT on October 16th 2012, 08:08

As it'a already Tuesday I thought it was my turn to 'pass an initiative roll' and ask you guys if there any games planned this week.

Personally wouldn't mind getting a few War and Conquest games to road test my shiny new rulebook, but probably left it too late for this week. Otherwise up for a game of Saga, and if someone fancies a larger game, all my Eastern Front Rapid Fire stuff hasn't come out of the cupboard for 18 months, and I can easily handle 4/5 players if necessary.

PeterT

View user profile http://peteswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Games being played at the club on Wednesday 17th October 2012

Post  Chrissy Boy on October 16th 2012, 23:53

I'm going to pop down but I'm not staying all night so i'll pass on the games. I'd be interested in playing Rapid fire when you dig it out though. Maybe next week? or the week after? Whatever is good for you Pete.
Chrissy Boy

View user profile http://www.gravesendwargamersclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin on October 17th 2012, 08:04

I'm bringing the AWI. Recce has painted a couple of Patriot units....looks at Andy......so should give them a chance to bring it on a whoop the Lobsters.

So have 2 playing room for 2-3 more.

Simon

If you can hold out a week. I would be interested in a big Eastern Front game.
Gwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac on October 17th 2012, 09:20

Looks as though I'm going to miss out on another interesting night at the club, oh I hate night shifts. Crying or Very sad

Mac
Mac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterT on October 17th 2012, 15:30

Happy to wait a week or two for Rapid Fire, depending one when I can get a game of War and Conquest.

For Rapid Fire I developed a little scenario generator for knocking up games on the fly. Basically a couple of decks of cards, one with different types of battalions on it, another with reinforcements, and a set of maps, with objective victory points on them and a simple set of rules for varying deployment. Basically just pull as many 'Battalion' cards from the deck as you want to put on the table, plus some reinforcement cards. Defender chooses couple of maps (ie. chooses their ground for their defensive lines) and Attacker picks which map they want (ie. point of attack). Game kicks off with hidden movement. Sides aren't meant to be even (your battalion could be an elite SS Panzer Battalion or an under-equipped battalion of Russian Partisans)- war's a bitch!- but Victory Points are meant to even it up a bit, ie. your SS Panzer Battalion carries a victory point penalty (ie. expected to take more objectives), while your Russian Partisans have a VP bonus (ie. win even if they only take/hold more limited objectives). Stuff like whether there's artillery support is handled through the reinforcement cards. So far has produced some varied games. I'll see if I can post some of the maps on-line somehow. Makes it more interesting (and speeds up deployment) if the generals have 'studied the ground'.

If there's room tonight would love to join in the AWI game.

PeterT

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh on October 17th 2012, 17:16

I'll give you a game of SAGA Pete if you like, seeing as I got the rulebook sunday. Can bring some Saxons. Will await reply.

Hugh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterT on October 17th 2012, 18:18

Unfortunately I won't now be stopping at home, where I've left my figs, before coming down now, as I'm in town. We'll have to have a game next time, Hugh.

PeterT

Back to top Go down

Post  Reece on October 19th 2012, 16:46

Thanks for another great game Simon, shame the Americans didn't put up to much of a fight though Sad

Cheers

Reece

Reece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top