Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24th february

3 posters

Go down

24th february Empty 24th february

Post  steve row February 23rd 2016, 07:00

lee and my self will be having a go at star trek attack wing

uss enterprise d , uss pheonix , uss valiant and a fighter squadron from the noble federation against the kraxon , reklar , koronak and a fighter squadron from  not so noble

did i see a cloth reperesenting a star field in the cupboard of stuff?

Last edited by steve row on February 23rd 2016, 07:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit out)

steve row

Back to top Go down

24th february Empty Re: 24th february

Post  Gwin February 24th 2016, 16:38

Steve there was a plastic children's party table cloth I perloinged for the club.

I think that's what ur looking at.

Simon
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  steve row February 24th 2016, 17:49

thanks Simon

just wondered if i could get away with not bringing my blue nebula . you know how bulky these nebula can be !!!

Last edited by steve row on February 24th 2016, 17:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : atroshus spelling)

steve row

Back to top Go down

Post  steve row February 25th 2016, 07:17

Star Trek Attack Wing turned out to be quite a challenging , thought provoking game . So maybe not ideal for me then !

After the initial pass which dealt out loads of damage , getting into position to deal the kiling blows took a while . The Cardassians greater arc of fire proved useful but their slower turn rate meant they took longer to get back into range . And although there was some long range sniping "Red Squad" onboard the USS Valiant made excellent use of their repair abilities and it was really touch and go who would finish who first. Each time i thought i had it , they rebuilt shields and or hull points to be able to come back and have another go .

Main draw back is the potential cost . The starter, around £27 for the rules etc and 3 ships set is quite good value . The individual ships vary considerably . the newer ones seem to average about £10 to £12 pounds plus postage . tthe older ones can go for silly money . If you can be disciplined and just by a small fleet then that is not a problem . But there are so many to choose from and i must have them all .

steve row

Back to top Go down

24th february Empty Star Trek Attack Wing

Post  Lee Newton February 28th 2016, 10:47

Thanks for hosting this Steve.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and I especially enjoyed all the card abilities and added tactical elements compared with games of a similar mechanics - i.e. X-wing and Wings of War/Glory. It made for interesting decisions and catastrophic mistakes - the Enterprise bit the dust early on due to a misjudged tactical manoeuvre.

I Would happily play this regularly

Lee

Lee Newton

Back to top Go down

Post  steve row February 28th 2016, 11:21

Enterprise was unfortunate in that it was the only ship that could be fired on by 3 opposing ships on the first turn . It did survive this volley of fire .And it should have got another shot off itself, which may have reduced the fire it took the following round . However when it drew the damage card stopping it firing next turn it really sealed it's fate with that one . Need to find some more cards that help with repairs etc . But that means buying more ships . But i was going to do that anyway

Was a bit concerned about some of the upgrade card choices i made but i think nearly all of them got used at least once , so would have justified their inclusion . Might be fun to try a couple of super upgraded ships against a hoard of "basic" ones sometime . .

Will definitely bring the game along at least semi regularly .

steve row

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down