Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commands & Colors Napoleonics

3 posters

Go down

Commands & Colors Napoleonics Empty Commands & Colors Napoleonics

Post  TheMP April 24th 2015, 12:38

Hello all,

My name is Vince and new to the forum.

Is anybody at the club currently playing or interested in playing GMT's Commands & Colors Napoleonics at all?

TheMP

Back to top Go down

Commands & Colors Napoleonics Empty Re: Commands & Colors Napoleonics

Post  steve row April 29th 2015, 06:28

hi vince

we do have a some napoleonic players . what scale figures do you have . currently i have only a few 54mm prussians with not much idea of what i am going to do with them
one of those "it seemed like a good idea at the time" moments

steve row

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMP April 29th 2015, 09:43

Steve,

Command & Colors (their spelling not mine), is a board game using blocks. Very colourful and easy to learn. I was asking because:

a) If there were people playing I'd be looking for an opponent.

OR

b) If nobody was playing but was interested in learning a simple but engrossing card driven board game, I'd be willing to turn up and oversee a game between 2 players and then move on from there with developing a group for playing it. The rules are so simple and its a heck of a lot of fun.

I am unable to post links for it as I am new to the forum. But go to GMT games website and look up 'Commands & Colors Napoleonics'. You need to look at the base set first (the one with a hussar as the cover). Click on that box and you will also see the 'living rules' pdf where the game can be learned or at least get an idea of it before a hoped for game at the Gravesend WC.

As I say. If 2 people are interested in playing I am very happy to facilitate that game. At present I am looking for a wargame club to join as I only live up the road from the Gravesend club.

TheMP

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin April 29th 2015, 18:58

Hi Vince.

Recce and I have been known to play the odd game of Napoleonics. We normally use General de Brigade rules and table top figures.

I for one am always up for anything.

It would be nice to see you at the club. Bring the stuff along. People are always interested in looking at different games / rule sets. Even if we don't play a game for a few weeks.

Simon
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMP April 29th 2015, 21:53

Simon,

Thanks. I emailed Reece today and will probably be showing my face next Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to coax a couple of victims, especially with its ease of play.

Vince

TheMP

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin April 29th 2015, 22:19

Vince

Alas I'm not there next week. But with Recce on nights the following week.
So if you want a victim I'll be available on the 13th.

Simon
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMP April 29th 2015, 22:26

Simon,

Hopefully Reece will link me up with somebody interested and if all goes to plan, perhaps we can 'marry' you up with somebody the follwoing week if you are willing. I warn you though ... once played its a bit addictive.

TheMP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down