Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAGNETIC BASING

4 posters

Go down

MAGNETIC BASING Empty MAGNETIC BASING

Post  steve row August 6th 2015, 06:59

Who uses what and where do you get it from ?

do you fix the magnetic bit to the figures or the metal strip to the figures and the magnetic stuff to the box?

and could you answer any other questions about this that i have forgotten to ask ?

steve row

Back to top Go down

MAGNETIC BASING Empty Re: MAGNETIC BASING

Post  BBrotherwood August 6th 2015, 22:07

The afghan stuff is magnatized. The magnetic sheets are in the tool box as some of the 2p bases are magnetic. The ones that are not I just stick a little square of steel paper to it. The sheets came from Tony ages ago and the steel paper of ebay.
BBrotherwood
BBrotherwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy_D October 7th 2015, 16:09

You can go either way. I've got some with magnets on the bases and some with the steel paper. It's the newer 2p coins that are steel. If you get some big sheets of adhesive magnet off eBay, chop them up and stick them in your box then base on coins that seems to be the cheapest way to do it. Some of the wargaming stores seem to overcharge for the magnetic sheet.
Andy_D
Andy_D

http://www.tinyhordes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Newton November 15th 2015, 23:06

I got some 3M A4 stupidly strong magnetic sheets off of eBay £9 (!? Saw me coming lol) they are super awesome. Now my 28mm on 1p and 20mm on 5p are not going anywhere. And to be honest are probably so well stuck down they are probably not coming out of the box either lol

Lee Newton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum