Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

last person on the planet ................

3 posters

Go down

last person on the planet ................ Empty last person on the planet ................

Post  steve row March 26th 2016, 19:03

hello is there any one out there?

well i know there are a few of you so not quite the last person on the planet .

It seems to me that the forum does not get as much uses as it did . There are a number of the top posters have not been on it for years.

I'm sure there used to be all kinds of stuff on it from loads of different people and when i got over my technophobia of it i found it a great way to find out whats going on within the club . But these days it is maybe not quite so much use.
Are there other ways people are communicating? Is there a way of getting people back onto the forum ? i certainly do not have the technical knowledge to help with running the forum . I can just about work out which end of a pencil is the writey end

And the club does seem to function without the forum being used much . Could ,though , we do more if it was used a bit more? Would we have had more luck getting the all day Sunday game sorted out ?

As we used to say "answers on a post card ................"

steve row

Back to top Go down

last person on the planet ................ Empty Re: last person on the planet ................

Post  Nogbad the Bad March 29th 2016, 19:13

Typically I'll write but more and more I find that correspondent's Latin isn't what it could be and the price of vellum!

The reality, I suspect, is that people will engage on subjects that interest them. It also helps if contributions are interesting and, dare I say it, a bit contentious.

Having said that I really struggled to get people to engage with medieval military history, so perhaps it's just that our merry band are simply too dull!?
Nogbad the Bad
Nogbad the Bad

Back to top Go down

last person on the planet ................ Empty Can we all join hands and contact the living

Post  Lee Newton March 30th 2016, 08:37

I have contributed quite a bit over the last year and a half. Perhaps a bit too much - something I've been mindful of when I keep seeing my own name as the sole contributor sometimes.

Perhaps once the newbie buzz wears off I will be as quiet as the rest of the membership...

(Ooo, see what I did there, did you, did you...?)

Lee Newton

Back to top Go down

last person on the planet ................ Empty Re: last person on the planet ................

Post  steve row March 30th 2016, 10:28

well those 2 replies had hardly anything contentious in them at all . unless you are suspected of being dull or quiet . tee hee

steve row

Back to top Go down

last person on the planet ................ Empty Contentious??!!!

Post  Lee Newton March 30th 2016, 18:24

Star Trek Attack Wing is a far superior game to X-Wing

BOOOMMMM!!!!!

Have it.

Lee Newton

Back to top Go down

Post  steve row March 30th 2016, 22:44

there is a book somewhere out in publication land which asks the question could the Empire kick the Federations butt . perhaps we could line up 2 fleets from the various game system and then go down to the pub to discuss . . . . . . .

steve row

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum