Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadside 2014

2 posters

Go down

Broadside 2014 Empty Broadside 2014

Post  Unclebilly January 14th 2014, 08:21

Just received the below regarding Broadside.

“Hi Guys,

Its that time of year again! Broadside 2014 is just months away and we are eager to confirm which clubs are able and willing to return. I have pencilled you all in but will need to have your places confirmed by the end of February. If I have not received your form by that time I will make your place available to the reserve club list.

Please find attached a copy of the club game booking form and a form for club tables for our increasingly popular Wargamers Flea Market.

If you have any questions just give me a call 01795-873379

Alan”

I’ll print out a few forms and bring them along Wednesday
 pig
Unclebilly
Unclebilly

Back to top Go down

Broadside 2014 Empty Re: Broadside 2014

Post  Dave Toone January 14th 2014, 08:24

I'm amazed you're awake this time in the morning!!!  Laughing

Dave Toone

http://warandconquest.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Unclebilly January 15th 2014, 08:45

I'm not fully awake Dave, but hey, that's what copy/paste is for Smile

pig 
Unclebilly
Unclebilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Unclebilly January 16th 2014, 08:35

O.K lads, got un update re broadside
"Dear All,

As some of you are aware, the Broadside show has developed a problem. The venue, Swallows Leisure Centre, yesterday informed us that they would not be hiring out the small hall that we use as part of Broadside. It seems that they are building a new gym complex in that hall and so all bookings have been cancelled despite the lateness of the notice. Please note that the issue only effects the small hall and not the main sports hall.

As I am sure you can imagine this has made things very difficult for us as this hall is some 30% of our space, imagine too the difficulty in having to contact everyone and rearrange everything to fit into the main hall with less than six months to spare. And so to the reason for me contacting you all again today. Simply put, we would like to ask you all to consider taking much smaller tables than would usually be available in an effort to keep as many clubs and traders involved as possible.

We are aware that many clubs create a special exhibition game that they take to all the shows but, whilst these are always spectacular and a huge asset to the show, circumstances this year dictate change. I would appreciate your views on the following proposal; nothing is set in stone but we must have a plan in place by the beginning of February. This plan at least solves a lot of the problems we find ourselves facing.

This year the clubs will be provided with a 6x4 table, roughly the size of the average game one could put on at home using a dining table (possibly 6x6). Clubs will be invited to provide the best and most innovative game that they can that makes the best use of that space. This will be a double layered competition with a prize being awarded for the best game in show, judged by Henry Hyde, Editor of Miniature Wargames Magazine, and another judged by by you and the MHWC members. Each club will be given a token that they must take to the MHWC control stand and deposit into the box of the club their members believe should win, once club one vote...and of course you can’t vote for your own club! There will be a special cash prize for this too. This will indeed be a challenge but knowing wargamers like I do I am sure there will be some very clever games!

The idea here is that not only will space be saved and clubs and traders saved from missing out, everyone gets to take part and have a say; you also get to see the games and chat too!

Who on earth would run a wargames show?! If you would like to discus any aspect of this please feel free to give me a call, 01795-873379. I would appreciate it if you could let me know as soon as possible if your club wishes/is able to take part in Broadside given the

Best regards, Alan"

Once again, I'm on nice and early Dave

pig 
Unclebilly
Unclebilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Toone January 16th 2014, 09:04

Unclebilly wrote:

Once again, I'm on nice and early Dave

pig 

Ok, I don't know who you are, but if you don't being Liam back safe and sound (well, not sound... and safe-ish!) someone's gonna get it!!

Dave Toone

http://warandconquest.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down