Gravesend Wargamers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muskets and Tomahawks

4 posters

Go down

Muskets and Tomahawks Empty Muskets and Tomahawks

Post  Adam02 June 14th 2014, 10:09

Really enjoyed the M&T game this week. So much so that I have had to dig out and re-watch my copy of Last of the Mohicans (recorded from the telly in 2004). The ads were better in those days. I had forgotten how good the music score is. And of course Chingachgook throws his 'tomahawk'. I would give it a higher 'lethality' than +4.

Adam02

Back to top Go down

Muskets and Tomahawks Empty Re: Muskets and Tomahawks

Post  Nogbad the Bad June 15th 2014, 11:27

Still one of my favourite films although I don't get enough Dad TV time to watch it. Anybody else remember the BBC version wich must date back to the 1970s? I seem to remember a villainous Philip Madoc and a nasty chest-slicing scene. Must have been during that time when the Beeb was dedicated to filming quality literature. Nowadays of course Cooper would be off the syllabus - wrong sort of Eng lit!

Rant over. Sorry.

Is the club serious about doing this as a period because if so I might feel obliged to invest in some lead? Of course it might take me a couple of years to paint them but ...
Nogbad the Bad
Nogbad the Bad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin June 17th 2014, 17:25

Yes I'll be looking into both of those. I'm sure they must be out there somewhere Wink

The club is serious about starting a M&T campaign. I will hopefullyutting out some posts soon about format and sign ups.

The little experiment we had last week with the 4x4 tables has helped. I'm glad you enjoyed your time. It was good for us too to see it being played in the form it was designed for. The way you got your heads around the missions and personal objectives was good to see Smile

So watch this space.
Simon.
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy_D January 5th 2015, 19:47

Santa left me a copy of M&T in my stocking this year, so I'm up for a game if someone can loan me some lead. What armies have folks got? Was thinking of getting some Indians, they fought everybody and it would be easy to expand into either Brits or French.
Andy_D
Andy_D

http://www.tinyhordes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin January 5th 2015, 23:11

Recce has everything. As one would expect.

Mac has both Brits and French as do I.

Indians is an interesting force to play. We have had a couple of attempts at them and had mixed results.
I have an Indian village for scenery as well as the normal stuff.

If you can wait we could have a game or two in a couple of weeks time if you like.

Simon
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy_D January 6th 2015, 21:02

Cheers. Phil and I are doing our Arnhem campaign starting next week so it wouldn't be until Feb anyway. But I'd definitely be up for a game then.
Andy_D
Andy_D

http://www.tinyhordes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwin January 7th 2015, 00:05

Ok Andy.

Just let me know nearer the time and we'll sort it out.

Simon
Gwin
Gwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down